Thursday, June 11, 2009

Reebok Asks Marcin Gortat to Cover His Jordan Tattoo




Orlando Magic reserve center, Marcin Gortat,the Polish big man has made a name for himself this year in the NBA Playoffs.Gortat’s NBA Finals spotlight has even prompted Reebok, who he has a shoe contract with, to take exception with the Jordan Jumpman tattoo on his leg. Reebok is not too happy with a player that wears their shoes also sporting a permanent advertisement for their biggest rival on his leg. They have asked Gortat to either wear higher socks or to actually cover his Jordan ink with makeup. So far, Gortat has been less than willing to comply, making these statements when asked about the “controversy”:

“‘They called and said I had to do something about it, but that ain’t going to happen,’ Gortat said Tuesday.‘I’ve been wearing it 4-5 years now, and it helped me get to the NBA. They didn’t say anything about it when I signed the contract, so it’s not going anywhere. I don’t think they are paying me enough to take it off. I’ve heard from other people that even other players, if they don’t know my name, they know I’m the big white guy with the Jordan tattoo,’ he said. ‘I like that. Reebok will have to get used to that.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment